Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Manufacturing and Social Media

So for Fedtech here, we've set up numerous social media networks to stay in touch with current customers, and also to stay open to questions or concerns from potential customers. My strategy is to basically add as much information to each network as possible while still encouraging lines of communication between customers and ourselves. Which I hope is what I've established.

The one thing that is perplexing to me is how Twitter does not seem to drive much traffic or much interest on our company. I know that there are millions of people out there representing millions of companies, but still there is not much interest in the manufacturing industry. Why is this? I have yet to figure this one out. So you're telling me with all the industries represented, all the manufacturing companies that are following us, and we're following them- it's just a big empty portal to nowhere.

I'm baffled.

And for this, it has raised questions in my mind that I hope I can get some answers to.

1. What drives you to 'retweet' other's tweets?


2. What sways your decision to click a link?


3. What types of things do you like to see on twitter?
     - Is it twitpics?
     - Is it videos?


4. What do you use twitter for?


I'm looking for contributions, so chime in if you'd like!

Always,
Sarah

No comments:

Search This Blog