Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Questions in Minnefacturing

Did I say Minnefacturing? I meant Minnesota Manufacturing. Now last week we covered some really neat stuff, so it'll be hard to beat those case studies (and the newsletter that was a real hoot!)

Well today I want to really focus on Minnesota Manufacturing, and our general dynamic way to make things work. Here we get such a rap for being Minnesota Nice, and compassionate. That's what I like to give customers the feel of, here at Fedtech. Because when you work with our sales team, each of the guys has a unique way of doing things and in a genuinely nice way. We're the essence of Minnesota (business) Nice!

And what is more Minnesotan than John Deere? You may have heard the news, but there've been recently published articles about how Fedtech has achieved 'Partner Status' with John Deere and company... which is great, because that is the highest level for suppliers to reach in their quality program at John Deere. (You can see photos and the article here!)

Now, for the questions of the week!

This is my favorite part :)

"Are there heat affected zones in abrasive waterjet cut parts?"
Nope! Waterjet cutting has no heat affected zones which makes it the perfect process for materials that need a smooth cut with no heat.

"Should I use laser or waterjet on my plastic parts?"
Most likely, waterjet. Laser has heat that sometimes doesn't work well with plastic and it's tendency to melt. However, waterjet is able to process plastic very well, and if the plastic is less than 1/8" then you're even able to use water-only waterjet cutting. Check with your sales team member, they'll help you decide.

"Where can I find custom gaskets for my car?"
You would not believe how common this question is. We've been asked to make Honda head gaskets, BMW, motorcycle head gaskets, titanium gaskets, and more. Of course we make gaskets, however we've found that when it comes to specializing in custom head gaskets for automotives... Clark Copper Head Gaskets (visit website) is a great place to go to fit that specialized need.

Well thats all the time I have for answering questions today. As always, feel free to email me at sarahw@fedtech.com if you have any questions for next week. Keep coming back to see what our next blog will be about :)

We cut it all, so can I cut a rug? Heck yes I could!

Sarah

No comments:

Search This Blog